UPSC NDA & NA 2018 Exam Pattern & NDA Syllabus: As we discussed earlier in our post that Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct exam of Naval Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) April 2018 to provide admissions to talented & skilled candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wing. Here we are providing you NDA Exam Syllabus 2018 for this exam. Every year a huge number of Applications received and this time also a great number of candidates applied for this. Candidates who are going to participate in examination should know the exam pattern and syllabus. So here we are providing UPSC NDA & NA 2018 Exam Pattern & NDA Syllabus 2018 to such candidates. Candidates also can check official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.
NDA Syllabus 2018, UPSC NDA & NA Exam pattern 2018
|Written Exam||Subject||Time Duration||Total Marks||Total
|Paper-I||Mathematics||2 Hours 30 minutes||300 Marks||900 Marks||900 Marks|
|2 Hours 30
UPSC NDA & NA Syllabus 2018:
As we all know that NDA & NA Exam is going to be held in April 2018. The paper will consist of 2 papers. Candidates should know the NDA Syllabus 2018 it helps candidates to prepare for examination in proper manner. Syllabus is quit long and candidates need to devote time for this. The syllabus of NDA & NA is mentioned below.
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 Paper-I: Mathematics: The paper I will be of mathematics which will consist of following parts.
- Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams
- De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Complex numbers: basic properties, modulus, argument and cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Permutation and Combination
- Logarithms and their applications
Matrices and Determinants:
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
Trigonometry Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Trigonometrically ratios
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions, Applications – Height and distance, properties of triangles
- Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions
- Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications
- Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function
- Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions
- Notion of limit, Standard limits – examples
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function
- Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
Integral calculus and Differential Equations:
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications
- General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples
- Application in problems of growth and decay
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector
- Vector product and cross product of two vectors
- Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors
- Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems
Statistics and Probability:
- Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean, Median and Mode
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Correlation and regression
- Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events
- Complementary, elementary and composite events
- Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution
- Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples
- Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 Paper-2: General Ability Test: 600 Marks. It will consist of two parts; part-A and Part-B The part A will consist of English questions with 200 Marks and part B will be General Ability with 400 Marks
- Part-A: English: 200 Marks.
- Part-B: General Ability: 400 Marks.
The question paper of English will covers the concepts of below written subjects:
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English
The question paper of General Ability will covers the concepts of below written subjects.
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction, Spherical mirrors and Lenses Human Eye
General Principles in the working of the following:
Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems), Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency
- Acids, bases and salts
- Carbon – different forms.
History, Freedom Movement, etc:
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy
- Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence, French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- The Earth, its shape and size, Latitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time, International Date Line
- Movements of Earth and their effects
- Origin of Earth
- Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India
- Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World.
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years
- Current important world events
UPSC NDA & NA Exam Pattern & Syllabus: –
We have already mentioned UPSC NA & NDA Syllabus 2018 & Exam Pattern in Detail. However if candidates want to get any other information about syllabus or exam pattern they should visit the official website of UPSC. We have share out whole information, if then also anyone faces an issue while checking UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus 2018 can comment in the given comment section below.