Daily GK Updates 31st August 2017, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 31st August 2017, Current Affairs August 2017, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 31st August 2017, Current Affairs August 2017:
1. PM Launches Highway Project in Rajasthan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 11 National Highway projects in Rajasthan, covering a total length of about 873 km.
- The projects include a 6-lane cable stayed bridge across river Chambal at Kota; 4-laning of Gomati Chauraha-Udaipur section of NH-8, and Rajsamand-Bhilwara section of NH-758.
- He visited the Pratap Gaurav Kendra which provides information, through various exhibits, about the life, valour and achievements of Maharana Pratap, the famous King of the erstwhile kingdom of Mewar.
2. CHOICE Launches ‘PoS-Easy Bima Plan’
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company (CHOICE) has come up with a ‘Point-of-Sale’ product targeted at the mass-market segment.
- According to Chief Executive of CHOICE Anuj Mathur, The product — ‘PoS – Easy Bima Plan’— is the first PoS product for the company and is a pure term insurance plan that not only gives life cover but also returns all premiums paid during the payment term on survival till maturity.
- The affordable premiums start from Rs.1,000 annually and there is inbuilt double life cover in case of accidental death.
- While this product has initially been launched through a regional rural bank of Canara Bank, it would be available in the bank branches of Canara Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) in the next two months.
3. Ujjivan SFB Receives Scheduled Bank Status From RBI
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd, has been given scheduled bank status by RBI.
- Ujjivan SFB commenced its operations as a Small Finance Bank with effect from February 1, 2017. Currently, Ujjivan SFB has 65 full-fledged brick and mortar branches in eight states and two Union Territories.
- This status will enhance the market acceptability of the bank in its effort to garner institutional deposits at a competitive price and participate more actively in the inter-bank market. It also opens the door for issuing Certificates of Deposits (CDs), which will be an important source of funding.
4. Freyr Energy Ties up With Axis Bank
Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up with Axis Bank to offer term loans ranging from Rs.5 lakh to Rs.50 lakh for tenures up to five years, for solar rooftop installations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- The loans will be given to MSMEs and self-employed individuals to install Freyr rooftop solar plants for industrial and commercial purposes.
- This will help India move closer to achieving the renewable energy target of 40GW of solar rooftop installations, set by the Indian Government.
- India first’ mobile application – “Freyr SunPro” eliminated all the complexity involved in system design, pricing, proposal generation etc.
5. Unicity Launches World’s First Ever Genomeceuticals Range of Products in India
Unicity International, headquartered in Orem, Utah, United States has launched world’s first ever Genomeceutical (gene controlling) range of products to India.
- Product ‘Genomeceutical is a ground-breaking, patent-pending, technology whereby certain secondary metabolites found in nature can help maintain the gene response whenever needed by the body and help maintain overall metabolic health.
- Unicity uses advanced Genomecutical technology in its products to support proper gene expression, which helps maintain healthy body function at their most basic levels.
6. “Pharma Jan Samadhan” App to Help Athletes Identify Prohibited Medicines
Drug pricing regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) joined hands with National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) to help athletes understand medicines that could contain prohibited substances in sports through its app ‘Pharma Jan Samadhan’.
- Through NPPA’s app every consumer can know ingredients in a medicine. This will now have an additional feature, which will make it easy for athletes to keep away from medicines that have prohibited substances.
- NPPA, drug price regulator has played an immense role in making essential medicines available to common man at affordable rates. It has also taken extraordinary steps in protecting public interest and ensuring that price control is not limited only to medicines but also extends to medical devices.
7. Rajiv Gauba Takes Charge as Union Home Secretary
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Gauba took charge as the Union Home Secretary.
- Gauba, a 1982 batch officer of the Jharkhand cadre, joined the Home Ministry as Officer on Special Duty on June 27 and took charge as the Union Home Secretary. He has replaced Rajiv Maharishi.
- Earlier this, Gauba was Secretary in the Urban Development Ministry.
- Gauba also served in the International Monetary Fund representing the country for four years on the board of IMF.
8. BSE Board Approves Another 5-year Term for CEO Ashish Chauhan
Leading stock exchange BSE has received markets regulator SEBI’s no-objection for another five-year term for its chief Ashishkumar Chauhan, who has steered a strong turnaround and a highly successful IPO of the bourse with strong business expansion.
- Chauhan, who joined BSE as Deputy CEO in 2009, was made MD and CEO for a period of five years with effect from November 2, 2012.
- At a meeting held earlier this month, the board approved re-appointment of Chauhan as BSE’s Managing Director and CEO for a further period of five years from November 2, 2017 to November 1, 2022.
- Chauhan also happens to be one of the founding team members of National Stock Exchange (NSE) where he worked from 1992 to 2000.
9. PV Sindhu Named First Brand Ambassador of Bridgestone India
Badminton ace PV Sindhu, who recently won Silver at the World Championship, was appointed the first brand ambassador of tyre maker Bridgestone India.
- The shuttler has signed a three year deal with Bridgestone India, a subsidiary of Bridgestone which is one of the sponsors for the Olympics 2020 in Japan.
- Bridgestone announced its Worldwide Olympic Partnership in 2014, making a long-term commitment to the International Olympic Committee that continues through 2024.
10. UNESCO Announces Winners of 2017 International Literacy Prizes
The UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has announced the winners of the 2017 International Literacy Prizes, which honours excellence and innovation in the field of global literacy.
- The awards will be handed out to five laureates from Canada, Colombia, Jordan, Pakistan and South Africa on the occasion of International Literacy Day.
- The prizes are divided into two categories, namely the UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy sponsored by China, and the King Sejong Literacy Prize sponsored by South Korea.
- This year’s Confucius Prize, which rewards projects that benefit rural populations and out-of-school youth, particularly girls and women, is given to the AdulTICo Program from Columbia, The Citizens Foundation from Pakistan, and the FunDza project from South Africa.
- The King Sejong prize, dedicated to mother-tongue literacy education, is shared by the Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance from Canada and the We Love Reading programme from Jordan.
- Since 1967, the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes have been awarded to more than 475 projects led by governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals around the world.
11. Amish Tripathi’s Immortal India
Amish Tripathi, one of India’s well-regarded authors, shares his perspectives on these contemporary issues in his latest book Immortal India.
- The book contains a collection of the author’s thoughts on various subjects and gets conveyed by articles, nuanced speeches and debates. He provides his standpoint on these topics by taking the readers through the history as well.
- In Immortal India, he has touched upon serious topics like LGBT rights and Section 377, Uniform Civil Code, the ban of casteism, religious violence and much more.
Daily GK Updates 31st August 2017, Today Current Affairs Quiz:
Thank you for visiting our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 31st August 2017, and furthermore, Current Affairs August 2017, Today GK Questions Answers.