Daily GK Updates 11th January 2017, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 11th January 2017, Current Affairs Jan 2017, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 11th January 2017, Current Affairs Jan 2017:
World Hindi Day 10 January
10 January, observed annually as World Hindi Day
- The main focus of this is to promote of Hindi Language world wide. Additionally, it should be noted that 14 Sep is observed as National Hindi Divas across the country at National Level.
Maharashtra Govt introduces MumbaiWifi
The Govt of Maharashtra launches MumbaiWifi to encourage people for the digital services. It is under smart city project which will connect 500 hotspots across Mumbai
- Furthermore , the govt will launch 700 more hotspots
- It is largest wifi service made for public use and one of the largest globally too
National Youth Festival to be held at Rohtak
Shri Vijay Goel, the Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports announce that this year from 12th Jan to 16th Jan, 21st National Youth Festival will be organized in Rohtak
- Furthermore, he also added that theme of the Festival is ‘Youth for Digital India’
Railway minister launches IRCTC rail connect to promote digital ticketing
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has introduced a new passenger mobile application named as IRCTC Rail Connect app
- This it to make the e-ticketing more reliable and secure
- It will also replace the old existing IRCTC connect app
Delhi Airport first in world to adopt digital platform Arc
Delhi Airport claimed that it become the first airport to adopt a unique performance for the Digital Transaction. This system helps in tracking and monitoring the building performance.
- Airport operator will use these Dynamic platform at T3 to manage and improve the performance of airport on resource consumption, quality of passenger space.
- Earlier, Delhi Airport Terminal 3 also earned LEED Gold Certification in 2011
BSNL to connect 1500 gram panchayats through OFC in 2017
This year BSNL is planning to connect 1518 gram panchayats with Optical Fibre Cable in Assam
- We have emphasised on rural connectivity and 5,200 kms of OFC will be laid this year to cover 1,518 gram panchayats, which accounts 70 per cent of the total gram panchayats in the state,” BSNL Chief General Manager M.K. Seth.
- Seth said that Kshetri Gaon Panchayat in Kamrup district is likely to become the first digital gram panchayat of the country.
- BSNL will provide three thousand hot spots at important places and has already initiated steps for automatic hook up points through the wireless network, he said.
- To enhance the cashless BSNL has tied-up with SBI and will soon launch an e-wallet called Mobicash.
Gionee signs up Virat Kohli as brand ambassador
Famous mobile brand Gionee appointed Virat Kohli as Brand Ambassador
- Mr. Kohli will be joining Bollywood actor Alia Bhatt who was tied in few months ago
- The announcement of Kohli’s appointment was made alongside the announcement of Gionee clocking 1.2 crore customers in India
20th Good Governance Awards Announced
The two day National Conference on e-Governance concluded in Visakhapatnam.
- On the occasion, Union Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice Shri P.P. Chaudhary gave away the awards to the winners.
- National Awards for e-Governance 2016-17 were presented in two types of awards for each category. Out of 20 awards, 09 are Gold and 11 Silver.
Category –I: Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering
- Gold : Chief Commissioners for Land Administration Vijaywada for Loan Charge Creation Module.
- Silver : Government of Madhya Pradesh for Madhya Pradesh Shram Seva Portal
Category- II: Outstanding performance in citizen centric service delivery
- Gold :Department of Consumer Affairs, Food and Civil Supplies, Hyderabad for Aadhaar enabled Public Distribution System
- Silver :Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi for SAHAJ – Online LPG connection and Cylinder e-payment
Category III Innovative use of technology in e-Governance
- Gold :Social Justice and Disabled Welfare, Government of Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal for State Pension Portal Online Social Security Schemes Management system (OSSSMS)
- Silver :DM, Rudraprayag for Setting up of wireless LAN in Kedar valley
Category IV Incremental Innovations in existing projects
- Gold :Ministry of Rural Development, Krishi Bhawan New Delhi for NREGA Software
- Silver :Directorate of Income Tax, CBDT New Delhi for E-Filing Project of Income Tax
Category V Best District level initiative incitizen-centric service delivery through ICT
- Silver :Collector, Junagadh for SUGAM COLLECTORATE
Category VI Innovative use of GIS Technology in e-Governance
- Gold : DC, Gurgaon, Haryana for G Triangulation
- Silver : Commissioner, Muglisara SMC for Implementation of GIS app along with GIS database at Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC)
Category VII Innovative use of Mobile Technology in e-Governance.
- Gold :Inspector of Police, Hyderabad for Hawk Eye Mobile App Hyderabad City Police
Category VIII Sectoral Award: Digital Transformation towards transforming India.
- Gold :CEO, My Gov, MeitY for MyGov
Category IX Innovative use of ICT by Central Government PSUs.
- Gold :ED, Rural Electrification CorporationLtd, New Delhi for Village Electrification Mission
- Silver : Vishakhapatnam Steel Plant for Gyan Era- Online Learning Management System
Category X Innovative use of ICT by State Government
- Gold :Managing Director KSRTC for Nation’s First Intelligent Transport System with Mobile App at Mysore City
- Silver : Development Corporation (TNHDC), Chennai for Transformation of TNHDC using Information Technology
Category XI: Outstanding e-Governance initiative by Academic and Research institutions
- Silver : Associate Director, Research & Nodal Officer, Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishvavidyalaya (IGKV), Raipur for Indira Gandhi Information Management System (IGMIS)
Category XII Use of ICT for Development by Non-Government Institutions
- Silver : Six Sigma High Altitude Medical Services, Delhi for SIX SIGMA Star Health Services
- Silver : Managing Director, Club Infotech, Pathankot for SAMRTH (Supply Accounting Management & Reporting Tech Hub)
FIFA agrees to expand World Cup to 48 teams
FIF, Football’s governing body finally voted to increase its current 32 world Cup to 48 teams
- In the year 2026, new format will be introduced. It will be feature a first round of 16 groups of three teams, with the top two in each qualifying for a round of 32. From then on, it would be a straightforward knockout contest.
- The New look tournament will hike the number of matches from its current 64 to 80
Former German President Roman Herzog Dies Aged 82
Roman Herzog, who was former German President and powerful advocate of economic reforms in the 1990’s passes away at the age of 82
- Herzog was a member of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative Christian Democratic Union.
- Additionally, he also served as the chief justice of Germany’s highest court before being elected to a five-year term as president in 1994, four years after reunification.
Clare Hollingworth: British war correspondent dies aged 105
Clare Hollingworth, the veteran British war correspondent who broke the news of the Nazi invasion of Poland, has died in Hong Kong at the age of 105.
- Born in Leicester in the year 1911 was the first to report on the invasion that triggered the outbreak of World War Two.
Daily GK Updates 11th January 2017, Today Current Affairs Quiz:
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 11th January 2017, and furthermore Current Affairs Jan 2017, Today GK Questions Answers.